AT A GLANCE
- COMPANY: Sofrimar
- ESTABLISHED: 1979
- LOCATION: Kilmore Quay, Co. Wexford
- FOOD SECTOR: Seafood Processing
- MARKET: B2B Europe, US & Asia
- PRODUCTS: Shellfish & Whitefish
- NO. OF EMPLOYEES: 130
When Sofrimar’s management team first engaged with Diomac, in 2013, they were riding the crest of a wave. Having twice won the accolade of ‘Irish Seafood Exporter of the Year’, the owners had just been shortlisted in the ‘Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. This period in Sofrimar’s growth coincided with new EU food labelling directives and massive reform of the fish industry with the roll out of the EMFF Operational Programme (2014-2020). This EU funding initiative sought to implement more regulation and control regarding sustainability and traceability while also supporting local fishing communities. The success and rapid growth of the company, together with increasingly stringent EU regulations, brought new challenges that highlighted the constraints of existing systems for managing information.
Sofrimar products are available in live, fresh, frozen, frozen at sea and cooked formats.
Straight from the Sea to Sofrimar
A complete ERP Seafood Processing Solution for Production, Traceability, Labelling, Accounting and Reporting
- Fish Factory add-on, certified for E-LOCATE Scheme by GS1 and approved by SFPA.
- Weekly fishermen batch payments management and bank payment file upload.
- Single system platform for data management and reporting.
- Instant digital tracing map and waste recording at each process
- Real-time electronic weighing/recording/labelling of fish intake to EU regulatory standards.
- Dynamic label printing and flexible label templates automatically linked to batch information.
- Flexible option to pay for products based on Intake weight or graded weight.
- Production yield reporting by process and production batch.
- Sales notes – Automated export facility per vessel to DAFM web portal.
- Automated weekly KPI reports and timely monthly management accounts.
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS YOU CAN TRUST
“Moving away from our old software system was a big decision for us but the support throughout the implementation and go live process was excellent. Since then, our relationship with the Diomac team has grown and they are definitely a resource we value and trust.”
– Lorcan Barden – Owner & Finance Director
Key benefits gained by Sofrimar after partnering with DIOMAC
- Secured IFS Food Certification with best-in-class digital traceability mapping.
- Waste monitoring enables compliance with Origin Green membership requirements.
- Product traceability check time reduction from 3 hours average to less than 5 minutes, requested by regulators.
- Sofrimar were approved for E-LOCATE financial assistance.
- Fishermen receive instant landing reports and prompt weekly payments.
- A significant reduction in the financial month end process from 20 days to 8 days.
- Time reduction in generating reports allows management to concentrate on evaluating new projects and analysing key information.
- Easily accessible, relevant and reliable information for customers and auditors.
Weathering All Storms
Today, Sofrimar reaps the benefits of having one complete ERP solution to manage all its operations with a single source of data. This has enabled them to streamline their seafood processing business, maintain excellent relationships with their suppliers and explore new markets.
Sofrimar’s vision is to build sustainability into all aspects of its business operations. They pride themselves on their ability to marry tradition with modern technology. In challenging times, the digitalisation of their business operations has allowed them to navigate the choppy waters of global trading with full product and financial visibility.